03RD SEPTEMBER 2018 //
Prosecco has become extremely popular over the years and it is currently the best selling sparkling wine in the UK with 410.9 million bottles of Prosecco being produced in 2016 of which a massive 125 million bottles being consumed in the UK alone! Not many people know the difference between the two and there will be some people out there that have probably had a glass of Prosecco thinking it was Champagne, but there is alot more to this enjoyable beverage then just the price.
WHY HAS PROSECCO BECOME SO POPULAR?
THE VALUE – Due to the price, Prosecco is much more affordable whilst still having that classy feel you get when drinking Champagne but for half the price.
EASY TO DRINK – Prosecco has a light and fruity taste, making it easy to drink.
VERSATILE – Not only is Prosecco great to drink on it’s own, it also benefits from additional ingredients to create several different cocktails;
1. Peach Bellini – Pureed white peaches and Prosecco.
2. Passionfruit Martini- Vodka, passoa, lime juice and sugar syrup topped up with Prosecco (or served on the side) and finished with half a passionfruit on top.
3. Elderflower Fizz – Prosecco and Elderflower Liqueur.
4. Cranberry Mint Spritzer – Prosecco, vodka, cranberry juice and fresh mint leaves.
Town in North East Italy called Prosecco
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PROSECCO
– There is a town called Prosecco in North East
– Prosecco has less calories then red wine.
– Around 150 million bottles of Prosecco are produced each year.
– Other than Italy. the top 3 markets for Prosecco are the UK, Germany and USA.
– There is a town called Prosecco in North East Italy.
– Not all Prosecco is bubbly.
OUR CHOSEN PROSECCO…
Selecting the right wine for your Christmas party is an important part of the dining experience at the NEC. Therefore we have selected a mix of new and old world wines from the UK’s top wine importer. Our chosen favourite Prosecco for 2018 is Nua Prosecco; Light, fresh and well-balanced with attractive aromas and flavours of melon and green apples.